How our tax system compares with others
How would a tax increase impact your lifestyle?
Alaska has had seven tax systems in 12 years.
Our resource industries need stability.
• Pre-2005: Economic Limit Factor (“ELF”)
• 2005: “Aggregated” ELF for Prudhoe Bay field and its satellites
• 2006: Petroleum Production Tax (PPT)
• 2007: Alaska’s Clear &: Equitable Share (ACES)
• 2014: SB 21 and SB 138 (natural gas)
• 2016: HB247
• 2017: HB111
Now there’s the oil tax ballot measure that will take the life out of Alaska’s most valuable asset.
KEEP Alaska Competitive is a 501(c)(6) organization composed of individual Alaskans, Alaska Native organizations, businesses and labor groups who care deeply about our long-term economic future. We do not take contributions from oil producers.