How our tax system compares with others
Source: Independent Economist Roger Marks
Government share at $60 per barrel includes all state and federal taxes and royalties
Alaska has had eight tax systems in 15 years.
Our resource industries need stability.
- Pre-2005: Economic Limit Factor (“ELF”)
- 2005: “Aggregated” ELF for Prudhoe Bay field and its satellies
- 2006: Petroleum Production Tax (PPT)
- 2007: Alaska’s Clear & Equitable Share (ACES)
- 2013: SB 21
- 2014: SB 138 (natural gas)
- 2016: HB 247
- 2017: HB 111
Just last November Alaskans sent Ballot Measure 1 down to defeat on a vote of 57.9% to 42.1%.
Oil Companies Pays Hefty Taxes and Royalties to Alaska in Good Years and Bad
Source: 2020 Fall Revenue Source Book
KEEP Alaska Competitive is a 501(c)(6) organization composed of individual Alaskans, Alaska Native organizations, businesses and labor groups who care deeply about our long-term economic future. We do not take contributions from oil producers.